seen any good movies lately?

We found some listings of movies that deal with the death of a spouse/partner on thegriefblog.com and Amazon.com (recommended by a psychotherapist).

Here are some suggested films you might want to check out:

- Shadowlands
- Corrina, Corrina
- Act Two
- Message in a Bottle
- The Notebook
- Always
- Grace Is Gone

Have some favorites of your own?

Please let us know.


need a lawyer?

With all the financial and legal issues that can arise when you lose a spouse/partner, you may find yourself in need of an attorney who is a specialist in a particular area of the law

If you already use the services of a lawyer, he or she may be able to refer you to a colleague. Or you can ask trusted family or friends for referrals.

Here are some other options:

The American Bar Association
The ABA can refer you to an attorney in your area who specializes in dealing with your specific concerns. To search the ABA website, click on “Lawyer Locator” or “Find Legal Help”.

The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (http://www.actec.org/).
From the organization’s online home page, click “Find an ACTEC Fellow” for referral to a probate attorney who is a member in your area. There is a very informative online FAQ page that explains wills, the probate process, estate planning, etc.